Monday 10 October 2016

IF ELECTED, WILL JAIL HILLARY OVER E-MAIL CASE: DONALD TRUMP

If elected, will jail Hillary over e-mail case: Donald Trump



 

Republican nominee Donald Trump on Sunday vowed to launch a special investigation against Democratic rival Hillary Clinton over her use of a private e-mail server as Secretary of State, if elected as the US President and ensure she is jailed.

"We are going to get a special prosecutor and we are going to look into it, because you know what? People... their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you have done.

And it's a disgrace. And honestly, you ought to be ashamed of yourself," Trump said as held a feisty exchange of words with Democratic rival during their second presidential debate here.

Clinton, 68, accused Trump of lying. "Because everything he just said is absolutely false, but I'm not surprised," she said. "Oh, really?" Trump remarked.

"It is just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in our country," Clinton said. "Because you'd be in jail," Trump said in another interruption.

"If you did that in the private sector, you'd be put in jail, let alone after getting a subpoena from the United States Congress," Trump said.

He demanded that Clinton apologise for deleting 33,000 e-mails. "I think the one that you should really be apologising for and the thing that you should be apologising for are the 33,000 e-mails that you deleted and acid washed and then the two boxes of e-mails and other things last week that were taken from an office and are now missing," he said.

"I did not think I would say this, but I am going to say it. And I hate to say it but if I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation, because there has never been so many lies, so much deception. There has never been anything like it and we are going to have a special prosecutor," Trump said.

People in this country get furious, the 70-year-old real estate tycoon said, adding, "In my opinion, the people that have been long-term workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this, where e-mails... and you get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 e-mails, and then you acid wash them or bleach them, as you would say, very expensive process."

Clinton has been charged with using a personal e-mail, endangering national security, during her tenure as US President Barack Obama's chief diplomat from 2009-2013.
During the 90-minute debate, she reasserted that she made a mistake on the e-mail issue.

"I've said before, but I'll repeat it, because I want everyone to hear it that was a mistake and I take responsibility for using a personal e-mail account.
"Obviously, if I were to do it over again, I would not.

I'm not making any excuses. It was a mistake. And I am very sorry about that," she said. 


(THE STATESMAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment

POLE-DANCING ROBOTS SHOW OFF THEIR MOVES

Pole-dancing robots built by Briton Giles Walker perform at a Las Vegas gentlemen’s club on Monday. The event was held to coincide with C...